Friday, March 9, 2012

My Visit With Elizabeth

Today I visited a member of the guild, Elizabeth, a was surprised to find out that she is quite a collector. It all started at our last guild meeting when Elizabeth came to me and asked me if I could use some crepe fabric.  Well of course I said yes.  She told me that she would bring it to the next meeting but of course I couldn't wait so I called her and ask if I could come over today. The first thing I noticed was this cute chair she called it a carpet rocker.  I wish I had taken a picture of the chair.  Anyway she invited us (my husband and I) to look at some of her collections.
I was so pleasantly surprised to see a very extensive miniature shoe collection.  I did not take pictures of all the shoes because I want you to be able to be as surprised as I was when I saw her collection. She said that every time she received a gift from her family it was a shoe.  She said that she finally asked them not to give her another shoe.  But the way that she has them displayed is so beautiful.  I asked her if she minded if I took pictures and wrote a blog post and she said she did not mind. So I took pictures and decided to share them with the rest of the guild and our blog readers.



This says " A woman and her shoes what a beautiful thing"


Everywhere I looked in her room was some kind of shoe.



Don't she love this?  It is a picture frame with little tiny shoes.   So cute.


As I walked around the house there was the cutest bathroom with the claw foot tub and pink curtains.  So sweet.
But what I was really impressed with was her collection of utensils.  In the kitchen there were all kinds of kitchen tools. She had stories to go with them too. 



A straightening comb? I asked her if she used it.


Elizabeth says this is a spoon that her mom used to ladle out butter from a butter churn.

That little basket item, my husband thought was a popcorn popper. But Elizabeth said that  you put
soap pieces in it and put it in water and shake it to get suds.  She said it was a good way to use up soap pieces.

She said that this is a spoon mold. She said her dad found it on his property she said he looked for years trying
to find the other part to it.

Pot scrubber.

She loves blue.





An old fashioned  sewing basket.

Thimble collection

Blue plates.

Elizabeth shares her little iron that she played with as a little girl.

A beautiful set of dishes.
This was such a fun visit.  I did not take a picture of everything.  My husband said that it was just like a day at a museum.

I have been posting pictures of Elizabeth's "duck" on the side bar.  Today I found out that it was not a duck but a goose. OOps my bad.
She has him all dressed up for St Patricks Day now.  She said that next month she will have him ready for Easter. Fun. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment